To our patients: This notice describes how health information about you (as a patient of PROGRESSIVE PHYSICAL THERAPY) may be used and disclosed, and how you can get access to your health information. This is required by the Privacy Regulations created as a result of the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA).
Our commitment to your privacy
Our facility is dedicated to maintaining the privacy of your health information. We are required by law to maintain the confidentiality of your health information.
We realize that these laws are complicated, but we must provide you with the following important information:
How we may use and disclose our health information
Your privacy rights
Our obligations concerning the use and disclosure of your health information.
We may use and disclose your health information in the following ways.
The following categories describe the different ways in which we may use and disclose your health information.
- Treatment. Physicians and staff may use or disclose your health information in order to treat you or assist others in your treatment. Additionally, we may disclose your health information to others who may assist in your care, such as your spouse, children, or parents. Also, our facility will share all therapy documentation to your prescribing provider.
- Payment. Our practice may use your health information to bill and collect payment for services you receive from us. We may provide your insurer with details regarding your treatment to determine if your insurer will cover, or pay for, your treatment. We also may use and disclose this information to obtain payment from third parties that may be responsible for such costs, such as family members. Also, we may use your health information to bill you directly for services and items.
- Health care operations. We may need to use and disclose your health information to be able to run our practice at the highest clinical standards and effectively as possible. This could be used to evaluate the performance of our physicians and staff, to determine if our treatment plans are effective, or determine if there are other services we should be offering. We may also compare our clinical data with other practices; review it with medical students, medical faculty, technicians, and others for teaching and learning purposes. We will strive to remove information that identifies you from this medical information.
- Disclosures required by Law. Our practice will use and disclose your health information when we are required to do so by federal, state, or local law.
- Appointment Reminders and Sign-In Sheets. Patient appointments are confirmed the day before each scheduled appointment by phone, text, or email. Please advise us if you do not want us to call and leave appointment reminder messages at your home. We also use a “Sign-In” Sheet at the front desk, for purposes of logging our patients as they arrive.
Use and disclosure of your health information in certain special circumstances
The following circumstances may require us to use or disclose your health information:
- To public health authorities and health oversight agencies that are authorized by law to collect information.
- Lawsuits and similar proceedings in response to a court administrative order.
- If asked to do so by law enforcement official.
- When necessary to reduce or prevent a serious threat to your health and safety or the health and safety of another individual or the public. We will only make disclosure to person or organization able to help prevent the threat.
- If you are a member of U.S. or foreign military forces (including veterans) and if required by the appropriate authorities.
- To federal officials for intelligence and national security activities authorized by law.
- To correctional institutions or law enforcement officials if you are an inmate or under the custody of a law enforcement official.
- For Workers’ Compensation and similar programs.
Your rights regarding your health information
- Communications. You can request that our facility communicate with you about your health and related issues in a particular manner or at a certain location. For instance, you may ask that we contact you at home, rather than work. We will accommodate reasonable requests.
- You can request a restriction in our use or disclosure of your health information for treatment, payment, or health care operations. Additionally, you have the right to request that we restrict our disclosure of your health information to only certain friends. We are not required to agree to your request; however, if we do agree, we are bound by our agreement except when otherwise required by law, in emergencies, or when the information is necessary to treat you.
- You have the right to inspect and obtain a copy of the health information that may be used to make decisions about you, including patient medical records and billing records, but not including psychotherapy notes. You must submit your request in writing to our font office staff.
- You may ask us to amend your health information if you believe it is incorrect or incomplete, and as long as the information is kept by or for our facility. To request an amendment, your request must be made in writing and submitted to our front office staff.
- Right to file a complaint. You are entitled to receive a copy of this notice of privacy practices. You may ask us to give you a copy of this notice at any time. To obtain a copy of this notice, contact our front office staff
- Right to file a complaint. If you believe that your privacy rights have been violated, you may file a complaint with our facility’s Privacy Officer, or with the Secretary of the Department of Health and Human Services. All complaints must be submitted in writing, and you will not be penalized for filing a complaint.
- Right to provide an authorization for other uses and disclosures. Our facility will obtain written permission from you to disclose information in ways that have not been identified in this notice, or are not permitted by these laws.
Contact out Privacy Officer if you have any questions.
A COPY OF THESE PRIVACY PRACTICES MAY BE REQUESTED AT ANY TIME.
Hours of Operation
Monday - Friday
8:00am - 4:30pm
155 W. Duval Rd.
Green Valley, AZ 85614
Phone: (520) 648-3132
FAX: (520) 648-1861
IN NETWORK (contracted):
• Medicare Part B
• Blue Cross Blue Shield
• Blue Cross Blue Shield Advantage
• Department of Labor
• Medrisk WC
• Tricare (authorization required on most plans)
– Active duty
– Tricare for Life
• Triwest (authorization required)
OUT OF NETWORK POLICIES
Various out of network policies accepted.
• Patients required to call their insurance to verify specific benefits.
• Self Pay Policy available